So, still on the fence about adding video content to your site or landing pages?
80% of all internet traffic will be video by 2019.
Yep, better hop off the fence and get moving, but before you begin, please listen to what I'm about to tell you. There's a right way to do video.
1. Know Your Brand - Understand how your brand talks, walks and looks like. That will help you as you relate to your audience.
2. Say Something - Get to know your audience. Find out what they're looking for that your brand can help communicate. Dig deeper. It's not all about you, but talk to them.
3. Be Entertaining - Have fun and be yourself. And if you can't do that, there are other ways around that. You don't have to be on camera. Get creative.
4. Short and Sweet - Get in and get out. Simple as that. Don't linger. Make your point and move on.
5. Be Efficient - The smart way to produce video is to think about how you can get the most bang for your buck. When I was the Creative Director on Terminix, we created a Ride Along series with Terminix drivers. A fun way to get to know the keymen. So, we would pre-plan and shoot 5-6 in one day. That content would last us for a full season.
And as you've heard me say before, keep it simple.
Oh, and I'll leave you with this if you're still thinking video content isn't right for you. 90% of consumers say videos can help them make buying decisions.
Yep, I think you're hearing us loud and clear.